Wednesday, August 13, 2008

2008 Olympics: One World One Dream

This has been the week of the 2008 Olympics in our house, from the awesome opening ceremony last Friday through the continuing coverage on cable channel 4 (KXAN TV). The dedication and performance of these athletes is inspiring (so maybe I'll try harder to open a jar of jelly before I ask my husband to help). While I was looking on YouTube this morning for video of the opening ceremony, I found a slide show with the official song of the 2008 Olympics — You and Me. Here are the words to the song in Chinese and English:
我和你 Wǒ hé nǐ
You and me
Wǒ hé nǐ, xīn lián xīn, tong zhù dìqiúcūn, 我和你,心连心,同住地球村,
You and me, From one world, We are family.
Wéi mèngxiǎng, qiānlǐ xíng, xiānghuì zài Běijīng。 为梦想,千里行,相会在北京。
Travel dream, A thousand miles, Meeting in Beijing.
Láiba!Péngyǒu,shēnchū nǐ de shǒu, 来吧!朋友,伸出你的手
Come together, Put your hands in mine,
Wǒ hé nǐ, xīn lián xīn,yǒngyuǎn yìjiārén. 我和你,心连心,永远一家人。
You and me, from one world, We are family.

If you change Beijing to Austin...

Visit the 2008 Olympics official Website to learn more about the athletes, events, and history of the Olympic Games.

1 comment:

OMG OMG: said...

2008 Olympic game is amazing~~~~ Also, I have collected lots of pictures about the opening ceremony in my site, they are also amazing :-)

Post a Comment